Wow, there was a big response to my offer to help you with your web pages. You’ll remember that I gave you a free membership to the Optimizers Club (http://www.OptimizersClub.com) so you could get some new ideas to improve your website.
I was a bit surprised at the response, but probably not in the way you might expect.
Yes, there were a lot of really bad web pages (you’ll see one in a minute, link is below). But there were also a surprisingly high number of already-good ones.
What made them good?
- A strong headline that made me want to read more.
- A convincing subhead that told me more about what the site was about, and made me want to read the body copy.
- Text that spoke to me as a person, rather than me as a group.
- The site looked good, was well organized, and easy to look at.
- I knew exactly what to do once I got there.
When you get to that level, you might think that the Optimization work is over. But it’s at exactly this point that